Apr 11, 2008

This is a community with many flavors in nationality such as Finnish, Indians and Norwegians . Our Indian Heritage and background is very solid and is reflected in the community amongst many of its inhabitants and the county has been named for Chief Wahkiakum. Cathlamet is located 25 miles west of longview, Washington and is a very old town built in the 1880s.

Cathlamet has a very rural and quiet setting and many areas for fishing and hunting but these are not the only assets that Cathlamet does possess, it also has agricultural land that is very fertile for growing a number of produce products and has had a large background in farming. It is situated along the Columbia River bordering the Oregon Coast and is a historical point along the highway leading to the beautiful Lower Columbia Basin.

1 comment:

Casowhat said...

Hello, I was happy to find your Blog. I am fascinated by Cathlamet. My grandmother Luella N Messinger was born and raised there, daughter of Warren & Matilda Messinger. I grew up hearing the stories of your beautiful town. I am looking for pictures and histories of the town and the Messinger Family. I am hoping that someone might be willing to share. I hope to make it there someday.